Monday, June 28, 2010

of photo gadgets and wonderful photos..

Yes. I love taking pictures, as a passion. With me now, I have a Nikon D60, a very amateur camera. I got it since end of 2008 and since then, I have been deciding on which lenses or any other camera I want. Well, we can't get everything we want so here's to saving up for it!! :)

Olympus Pen EP1 DSLR


Lumix GF-1


I read the review and all, it seems quite interesting and relatively small for a DLSR. The Olympus one, I kinda read it on Xiaxue's blog and the Lumix one, a friend of mine uses it. :)

Thanks to Audrey, as she borrowed me her Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm before and after using it, love it. Nice portrait photos taken on my trial with it.


At the same time would love to grab a flashgun to go along my Nikon for some nice lighting pictures. :)


I've always look up to photographers that are really good be it in sceneries or portrait or wedding photography, it require skills. My favorites?? Wedding Photographers like Justin Oh, Jenny Sun, Jon Low, those from Axioo and many more.

Here's a link to this very touching photos of Katie Kirkpatrick. She was bride that was battling with cancer for 3 years. She married her highschool sweetheart Nick Goodwin in 2005 and died 5 days after the wedding. Her photos shows how strong she was to go through the process of wedding planning and no matter how unwell she is, she still smile all the way. The following photos are by Romain Blanquart and story taken from http://bolstablog.wordpress.com/2009/04/19/katie/.

katie-kirkpatrick-nick-sleeping-in-hospital
Katie Kirkpatrick and her fiance, Nick, rest prior to their wedding. Katie has terminal cancer and spends hours in chemotherapy. Here Nick waits while she finishes one of the sessions.

katie-kirkpatrick-putting-on-earring
Even in pain and dealing with her organs shutting down, with the help of morphine, Katie took care of every single wedding plan. Her dress had to be adjusted several times due to her constant weight loss.

katie-kirkpatrick-in-wedding-dress-sitting-with-nick
An expected guest was her oxygen tank. Katie had to use it during the ceremony and reception. Nick's parents look on.

katie-kirkpatrick-in-wheelchair-being-serenaded
Katie, in a wheelchair, listening to her husband and friends serenading her.

katie-kirkpatrick-resting-at-reception
In the middle of the party Katie had to rest for a bit and catch her breath. The pain doesn't allow her to stand for long periods of time.

katie-kirkpatrick-in-wedding-dress-snuggling-with-nick

This is what they mean by photos draw a thousand words. This is one of the reason why I am so keen into wedding planning. If there is anyone out there who is like Katie, sick yet strong and strive towards life and want to plan a wedding, I would do it for free. Why? Because I believe everyone have a dream to achieve and if I can help to make a wedding as the dream, why not? In fact, don't say wedding, if I know I can lend a helping hand to help anyone in need, within my ability and capacity, I will do anything for that person.

1 comment:

muhammad ibnu hamid said...

all the photos on katie really touched me Jenny. I cant imagine how devastated the husband must be.

By the way I hope things are great with you, take care!