Saturday, October 3, 2009

Post M-fest 2009.. :)

Yes, it's over. It's been 5 days since M-fest 2009 and though there are crisis arise after that event, I still think I'm proud of what we all have done.


M-fest 2009 Committee :)

I'll take this opportunity to thank my 7 other committee members, Edison, Eric, Ananda,Shwu Ching, Ashwin, Sabrina & Mo for all their hard work as we put up such a great show on 27 Sept 2009. Since I took up the role, I know I would have to step up to improve M-fest 2008's show and I think we managed to do it.
Obviously, there are some people who still can critic us about what can be done better and all, that I guess would have to be next year to improve on it. Most people who have been to previous M-fest, they would say we up the game and next year.. would be the new committee to see if they could beat the standard or come close.

What made our M-fest successful? A few things:
  • Though only 9 stalls compared to last years, but stallholders were happier with the crowd and there were varieties of food.
  • Entertainment, besides the varieties of different cultures dances and performance, we had special guests One Buck Short band, Reza Salleh, Rashdan Harith & Liyana Fizi that came all the way from Malaysia to join the big day.
  • New initiative of the cultural market but could be better.
  • The crowd was bigger even though the weather was very windy. Thanks to all who came.
  • Our hardworking and helpful volunteers and crews that helped us alot.
    Weather was awesome except the wind but I couldn't ask for more than having a SUNNY day then a rainy day..
Thanks again to One Buck Short guys: Rahul, Izal, Imran and Mooky, Reza, Rashdan and Liyana for coming and performed such a great show. Mooky, I hope you are better now. I'm glad to have known you guys and keep in touch k.. will catch you all up during ur gigs in KL when I'm back. Thanks to Jaz for helping me in getting them here. I hope to be able to help more Malaysian Indie Artist to come over and spread the music of love from Malaysia.. :)




Thanks so much for all those who came and supported me especially my dear friends. Never to forget my parents who supported me all the way with checking out news in Malaysia and all. :)
Now, we have some crisis to attend to and hope everyone will still support us. To end this chapter would be to solve the prob and wish next commitee good luck!! :)

No comments: