Thursday, January 1, 2009

1 January 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!

Before the end of today, I just thought I should jot down the details of how I spent my first day of 2009.

As you all know from my last 2008 post, I was at Sydney Opera House watching fireworks again. Initially we all thought we would not get such a good view as they were at the full capacity at 5-ish pm and we couldn't get into the better viewing area. So, we were camping near the entrance of the parking lot at Macquarie St. However, I think it was luck on our side that we managed to find our way through and got a good spot inside the area. I was glad I was with a big group of friends this year. Though the fireworks weren't as good as last year's but the company was great. We wished and hugged each other in the celebration of the brand new year after the 12 minute fireworks showcase. Then we walked back to my place along GEORGE ST. Yes.. GEORGE ST. It's not my first time walking on George St on the vehicle lanes but it still feels good.

We were just chilling around my place until everyone head home leaving only Ananda and Pek Lynn. Then, we watched 'A Walk to Remember' and then Edison and Kent came back with a bottle of wine, and we ended up watching 'Saw 3' too. I knew I'm not into those bloody movies.. Argh.. Anyway, it's an experience and we ended up sleeping at 5 ish am.

We woke up at about 11 something and head to Marigold to have the first brunch of the year. I managed to call dad to wish him too. After that, everyone headed home. I went back, thinking I could catch a nap but ended up chatting online with a few people, wishing everyone I know. I uploaded the photos up on facebook too. By the time I really wanted to nap, I just managed to catch a power nap of 10 minutes before heading out with Joy to Hornsby. Her aunties invited her to go up for a gathering and she invited me and Min Li to join her.



So, we went and the night was good. We got good food and good company. It definitely make me miss home even more as it looks like my house's normal sunday family gatherings too.

There you go, I hope everyday in the next one year would be as good.

I have many new year resolutions:
1) Get a Job
2) Complete my Diploma of Interior Design
3) Get my PR
4) Healthier Lifestyle
5) Successful NCG and M-fest 2009
6) Ivory & Co Expansion

These are the general ones for myself. There are definitely others that are more personal and just hope and wish that good things will happen to me. :) See ya!!

1 comment:

peka-lynna said...

I agree...the company of friends during NYE was the highlight of the event! I'm glad we decided to go ;)
also...Thanks Jenny for your friendship and support! All the best in 2009! The Moo Moo year...heh heh heh