Monday, November 12, 2007

Apple Strudel - I finally did it!!

For my fans out there, ignore my photos date on my previous post.. hehe.. as my camera screwed up the dates.. Anyway, i think Angeline's Curry Puff looks a lot better cause she wrapped it better :P and well look at her recipe will do.. there is a link on my sidebar to it if you want to try!! :P

Back to the main topic, I bet some of you might know, I love anything that got to do with APPLES. That's why my friend got me apple crumble cake for my birthday this year!!! THANKS again! Anyway, the way I bugged Manfred to get me some apple strudel from Perth, I think he knows best that I was always in love with it. So, today I thought maybe I should try making apple strudel with my own hands. The recipe? thanks to Amy Beh again, Kuali of thestar.com is like my bible now..

APPLE STRUDEL
Ingredients
- 8 sheets of filo pastry
- 25 g butter, melted

Fillings
- 6 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into decent small pieces (this is a little amendments I made compare to the website.)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- finely grated rind of one lemon
- 125g castor sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 45g raisins
- 45g butter, melted
- 3/4 tbsp corn flour


Method

1) Put the apples, lemon juice, lemon rind, sugar, salt, cinnamon powder and raisins in a heatproof dish. Mix well and add the corn flour. Then dot a little butter over the mixture. Bake in preheated oven at 200°C for 10-15 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.


2) Lightly brush one sheet of filo pastry with melted butter. Layer the sheets of filo pastry one after another with a brush of melted butter.


3) For the final layer, spoon the prepared filling along one side of the pastry. Then from the filling side, roll up Swiss-roll style. Place the roll on a baking tray with the rolled seam side down. Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for 25–30 minutes or until strudel is lightly golden. Sprinkle a little icing sugar over it and slice into 3cm pieces.


The process of it..




after the sheets are laid layer by layer.. put the fillings in.. then rolled it up like popiah!!

TADDA.... APPLE STRUDEL!!!


what should i try next?? :P

1 comment:

Erina Z Ellias said...

jenny, im gonna try this applestruddle this weekend! ;)