Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Updates.. after a long while...

It's been a while since I last blogged. Funny to say, many things happen and I managed to achieve many things. I made a couple of great creation in terms of food, cakes and desserts.

1) First attempt of fondant icing
Angeline and I tried making a mini cake of fondant as we planned to make one for Ru Jih's 18th Birthday. This was done a week before her party.



2) After that, we have some balance cakes crumbs and Angeline did tiramisu in cups.



3) A few days later, Yien Von and I thought of making 'Loh Mee' and I attempted doing 'Tang Yuen'.



So far, every attempt have been quite successful and I had Lynn tried it and was glad that she loved it. The noodle is not the best. Could be better I guess.

4) Ru Jih's Birthday Party



We did some cupcakes of vanilla raisins and chocolate-white choc chips. Angeline did the batter, I did the icing design. The icing would be good if it's thicker.



This is the 2 tier chocolate cake that is coated with pink fondant, her favorite colour. We also did about 2 portion of curry puffs.

At the party, the birthday girl is so happy. We decorate the Coogee BBQ hunt area with pink stuff and the birthday girl was in her lovely pink dress too. Funny about her, she keep wanting to give us something in return for helping her with her party but we just enjoyed doing it. At the end she gave us something we didn't want to accept. So, Ru Jih, don't need to pay us the cost of the stuff we did la. DEAL k? :P



Anyway, I have my Nintendo DS Lite already. Yay!! And this few days, I went shopping with Yien Von and did buy some baking utensils too. I might be doing more in the future.

I hope Shaheera, Sunny and Zek and whoever who tried the vanilla cupcakes I did, enjoy the cupcakes? I will make more? ahha..

That's all for now, I'll be back!! :P

No comments: