Monday, June 23, 2008

Age of Glory

Thanks to my cousin, Wei Ting, I was introduced to one of the very few good quality Malaysian drama that is currently airing in Malaysia NTV 7 channel. It is called Age of Glory (Qing Qian Nan Yuan), featuring a life story of 3 girls as showgirls in Malaysia in the late 60s to 70s. Watching this drama really remind me of stories my mum used to tell about her childhood about rubber tapping, the hardship surviving in KL city and all. I think this drama portrait the whole culture of Malaysia in those days very well. Most interesting thing would be to listen to all the common language and dialects spoken in Malaysia, showing the multi-lingual culture we have. The 3 girls are acted by Debbie Goh, Danielle Dai and Aenie Wong. Together with them are Lee Meng Choong, famous Christopher Lee's brother, I once saw him at Star Search last time and Melvin Sia.

The other actors and actresses, some familiar and some not but all game up for this drama well. I remembered some of the older actors and actresses as I acted in one small part of a Malaysian drama before when I was only 7 years old. I can remember exactly how much I got that time for one afternoon of shooting, I got RM7. I think i was acting as one of the students in the classroom. Sadly, I did not get to watch that part I acted when it was aired as I miss its airing on one of the Chinese New Year.

Overall, great cast, great costume , great site, great theme song and great storyline. I hope these kind of quality drama will keep coming and allow people to see that Malaysia too can produce quality local dramas.

To share with you all, the opening song...

No comments: